Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Duration: 1 day
Date: 13 March 2023.
Schedule: From 9 am to 5.30 pm
Registration deadline: 13 February 2023.
Who should attend: Users equipped with a DLS and ELS analyzer (LA-9xx Series, LA-3xx Series and SZ Series).
Location: 14 Boulevard Thomas Gobert, 91120 Palaiseau - France
Prerequisites: Dedicated for HORIBA customers only and knowledge of the technique and equipment.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course Language: English.
- Learn how to set up good conditions to properly run a sample.
- How to interpret results in DLS and ELS
Dynamic Light Scattering Theory:
- Description of optical configuration & hardware.
- Parameters necessary to set up and influence results.
- Cumulant method and histogram method.
- Results and interpretation (distribution base (Intensity, volume, number), description of typical statistical parameters (Zave, PI, mean size, mode, std).
- Zeta potential principle (DLVO approach).
- Henry equations (models available: Schmolukovski, Huckel…).
- Molecular weight measurement (Debye plot).
Presentation of the unit with its different parts and accessories demonstrating associated applications.
- Software description for quick handling.
- How to create method and check reference materials.
- How to create a standard method.
- Method set up on customer samples.
Importance of sample preparation.
Choice of Analytical Conditions and Optimisation:
- Media RI and viscosity set up.
- Detector angle selection / attenuation filters.
- Correlator set up.
- Measurement acquisition time.
- Model of computation.
- Result display configuration (Intensity base, volume base, etc.)
Results interpretation (fit optimization, and data evaluation and treatment).
Data exportation and setup and recomputation.
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about Light Scattering Technique, please visit our website on Dynamic Light Scattering Particle Size Distribution Analysis