Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Duration: 1 day
Date: 6 March 2023.
Schedule: From 9 am to 5.30 pm
Registration deadline: 6 February 2023.
Who should attend: Users of Laser Diffraction Analyzers LA 300, LA350, LA950, LA960 and SZ Series Analyzers.
Location: 14 Boulevard Thomas Gobert, 91120 Palaiseau - France
Prerequisites: Dedicated for HORIBA customers only and knowledge of the technique and equipment.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course Language: English.
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge on the particle characterization analyzer.
- Learn how to optimize operating conditions for any sample.
Laser Diffraction Theory:
- Description of optical configuration & hardware.
- Fraunhofer and Mie theory.
- Refractive Index (RI) definition and optimization, mathematical data treatment.
- Results and interpretation (distribution base (volume, number, surface), description of typical statistical parameters (D10, D50, D90, Mode, std, D43….).
Presentation of the unit with its different parts and accessories demonstrating associated applications.
- Software description for quick handling.
- How to create method and check reference materials.
- How to create a standard method.
- Method set up on customer samples Importance of sample preparation (sampling, sample predispersion.
Choice of Analytical Conditions and Optimisation:
- Pump speed/stirrer speed (wet mode), Pressure / feeder vibration (dry mode).
- Acquisition time.
- Ultrasonics: internal/external use.
- Refractive index optimization.
- Results interpretation (fit optimization, right size parameters selected regarding sample distribution, etc.).
Data exportation and setup, Specific software function.
Hands-on with Common Samples such as:
- Colored samples.
- Dense materials.
- Polydisperse & multimodal samples.
- Granulated formulations / friable samples.
- Emulsions Maintenance of First Level.
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy : Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about Particle Size Analyser, please visit our website on Particle Size - HORIBA