HORIBA Scientific offers many types of training courses tailored to your particular requirements:
- Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
- All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau, Longjumeau or Lille.
Duration: 3 days
Date: 11-13 May, 21-23 September and 16-18 November 2022
Schedule: From 9 am to 5.30 pm
Registration deadline: 11 April, 21 August and 16 October 2022.
Who should attend: Users of HORIBA Scientific Raman spectrometers (LabRAM Soleil, LabRAM HR, XploRA Series).
Location: 14 Boulevard Thomas Gobert, 91120 Palaiseau - France
Prerequisites: Knowledge of the technique and equipment.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course Language: English
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge on Raman spectrometers.
- Learn how to use the software.
- Learn methodology for method development and major analytical parameters.
- How to set up an analytical strategy with an unknown sample.
- How to interpret results.
- Learn how to follow the performances of the Raman spectrometer over the time.
- The theory of the Raman principle
- Raman Instrumentation
- Practical session - System and software presentation, Acquisition Parameters:
- LabSpec 6 presentation and environment: user accounts, file handling, display of data, basic functions.
- Set up of acquisition parameters and single spectra measurement.
- Templates & Reports.
- Analysis of Raman spectra.
- Practical session: Raman spectrum measurement and Database Search:
- Optimization of the parameters: how to chose the laser, the grating, the confocal hole, the laser power.
- How to use the polarization options.
- Library Search using KnowItAll software.
- How to create databases.
- Raman Imagining:
- How to make a Raman image (1D, 2D and 3D).
- Data evaluation: cursors, CLS fitting, peak fitting.
- Image rendering, 3D datasets.
- Fast mapping using SWIFT XS.
- Data Processing:
- Processing on single spectra and datasets.
- Baseline correction.
- Spectra subtraction, averaging.
- Data reduction.
- Pratical exercises.
Customer samples: Bring your own samples !
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at email@example.com
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about Raman Microscopy, please visit our website on The meaning of confocal Raman microscopy - HORIBA