Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Duration: 3 days
Date: 15-17 March and 8-10 November 2023.
Schedule: From 9 am to 5.30 pm
Registration Deadline: 15 February and 8 October 2023.
Location: 455 avenue Eugène Avinée, 59120 Loos - France
Who should attend: Scientists, engineers, technicians, Ph.D. students who have already acquired good skills in Raman spectroscopy or SPM.
Prerequisites: Dedicated for HORIBA customers only and knowledge of AFM RAMAN technique and equipment.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning Method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course Language: English
- Acquire practical knowledge on Raman spectroscopy and Scanning probe microscopy.
- Learn how to use dedicated Raman and AFM software.
- Learn the methodology to perform TERS measurements (alignment, macros, procedures).
Raman spectroscopy introduction:
- Basics and advantages
- Raman measurement (spectrum and map)
- Acquisition parameters optimization: choice of the laser, grating, confocal hole, laser power etc.
- 2D Raman imaging.
- Data evaluation: cursors, CLS fitting, peak fitting.
Scanning Pobe Microscopy (SPM) Introduction:
- AFM measurement (AFM imaging mode, KFM, C-AFM and Curve Force) and artefact
- AFM tip selection
- Tips and sample installation
- AFM topographic imaging measurement in AC mode
- Introduction to other modes and signals (KFM, C-AFM and Curve Force)
- Practical exercises
Colocalized AFM-Raman analysis:
- Principle and examples of analysis
- Overview of the procedure
- System configuration, getting ready for colocalized measurement
- Procedure on reference sample
- Hands-on on reference samples
- Principle and requirements
- TERS prerequisites
- TERS Applications
- Laser alignement on the tip (AFM mode)
- TERS spectrum and TERS image acquisition on reference sample (parameters optimization)
- Hands-on on reference sample
Options (to be selected among the list)
- Hands-on on brought samples (AFM-Raman, TERS)
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about AFM Raman, please visit our website on AFM Optical Platform - NanoRaman - HORIBA and What is co-localized AFM/Raman? - HORIBA