Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Duration: 4 sessions of 2h30
Date: 11, 12, 13 et 14 April 2023.
Schedule: 10am 12.30am (France time zone; UTC+2 )
Location: online via Teams
Duration: 2 days
Dates: 17, 18 April 2023.
Schedule: 9am to 5pm
Prerequisites: to have completed Module 1
Location: 14 Boulevard Thomas Gobert, 91120 Palaiseau - France
Learning methods: The trainer adapts the course program according to the questionnaires received. The group is 6 people maximum to promote practice and exchanges.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Course Language: English
- Make full use of the software.
- Know how to optimize instrument parameters and analysis modes.
- Carry out measurements of various types of samples.
- Master volume and surface calibration.
- Know the accessories.
- Know how to perform a diagnosis of the instrument.
MODULE 1: Overview of the GD technique, instrument and software (Online Training on Microsoft Teams).
- Full command of the software.
- Operating in simulation mode.
- Export/Import. Data transfer.
- Examples of measurements and operating conditions.
- Principles of optics and Spectroscopy.
- GD plasma and interaction plasma/ samples.
- Pulsed mode and synchronized pulsed mode.
- Principles of calibration.
- Particularities of surface calibration.
- Samples selection.
- Principles of DIP (Differential Interferometry Profiling).
- Various analysis modes.
- Accessories overview.
MODULE 2: Functioning and use of the instrument (Face-to-face training at HORIBA France Palaiseau site).
Instrument functioning - Software.
- Daily verification procedure.
- Analysis of different samples and data processing.
- Optimization of the instrument operating conditions.
- How to use the pulsed mode and the synchronous pulsed mode.
- How to use the monochromator and image mode.
- Calibration optimization.
Presentation of specific functions and accessories.
- UFS and other plasma gases.
- Plasma cleaning.
- DIP (Differential Interferometry Profiling).
- Different accessories.
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at email@example.com
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about GD-OES, please visit our website on Glow Discharge Optical Emission Spectrometry (GD-OES).