Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Duration: 2 days
Date: 16-17 February, 30-31 May and 19-20 September 2023.
Who should attend: Beginners in Fluorescence measurements with a Flurolog/Nanolog Series or a FluoroMax® Series.
Prerequisites: Dedicated for HORIBA customers only and knowledge of the technique and equipment.
Registration Deadline: 17 January, 30 April and 20 August 2023.
Location: 14 Boulevard Thomas Gobert, 91120 Palaiseau - France
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course Language: English
This training is available for EMEA Territories only.
- Acquire theoretical and practical knowledge on fluorescence spectrometers.
- Learn how to use the software.
- Acquire methodology for method development.
- Learn how to set up an analytical strategy with an unknown sample.
- Learn how to interpret results.
- Learn how to follow the performance of the spectrometer over the time.
Day 1: The Theory of the Fluorescence Principle
- Why and where fluorescence is used. Application review.
- Fluorescence Instrumentation – presentation of the different parts of the instrument and their roles.
- Software presentation and environment: acquisitions modules, files handling, display of data, basic functions.
- Set up of acquisition parameters and single spectra measurement.
- Review of the existing methods to estimate the Fluorescence lifetime.
- Fluorescence lifetime instrumentation – presentation of the different parts of the instrument and their role.
- Fluorescence decay analysis.
- Practical session – System and software presentation, Acquisition Parameters.
Day 2: Focus on Specific Measurements
- Pratical session on reference and customers samples.
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about Fluorescence, please visit our website on What is Fluorescence Spectroscopy? or on Fluorescence Spectroscopy - HORIBA.