Storage Condition: NA
Single-Element Organometallic Oil Standard
The determination of wear metals in engine oils and other lubricants can be applied to machines such as automobiles, aircraft, heavy equipment, trucks, locomotives, military vehicles, etc. The examples are endless.
By tracking metals suspended in the used oil, engineers, designers and mechanics can determine the breakdown of specific engine parts. Specific elements present in used oils have been found to be directly related to specific engine problems. Engine failures, as well as expensive repairs, can be avoided if engine oils are analyzed, providing a periodic trend to predict maintenance or replacement.
SPEX CertiPrep presents a comprehensive offering of Organometallic Oil Standards. The benefits and advantages of these standards are many:
- Choice of over 35 single-elements at 1,000 or 5,000 ug/g
- Popular multi-element blends of 23, 21, 12, or 5 elements
- Clear, transparent mix
- 1 year expiration date
- Convenient sizes: 50 to 100 grams
- Certificate of Analysis with every solution
- Guaranteed stable and accurate
- Manufactured under an internationally accredited ISO 9001 quality system and compliant with ISO/IEC 17025
- Custom standards available
Applications include wear metals, crude oils, additive metals, environmental monitoring, petrochemical testing, pharmaceuticals, food processing, and sulfur in diesel fuel.