Training courses are conducted in English (except for ICP1 to ICP4 in French).
All trainings are held in France on HORIBA sites in Palaiseau or Lille.
Reference : ELL1
Duration: 2 days + 1 day optional
Date: Contact us using Request Quote.
Who should attend: New users of HORIBA ellipsometers with an Auto SE, Uvisel Series or an Uvisel Plus.
Prerequisites: Dedicated for HORIBA customers only and knowledge of the technique and equipment.
Certification: A diploma is delivered at the end of the course.
Learning method: Theoretical presentation and instruments practice.
Course language: English.
- Provides a thorough background in the basic ellipsometry theory and focus on modeling techniques with a large variety of hands-on sample analysis.
- Use of the ellipsometer and DeltaPsi2 software through a large variety of hands-on sample analysis.
Day 1: Theory and Practical Session
- Ellipsometry theory.
- Overview of modeling process.
- Description of main functions of DeltaPsi2 software & hands on the ellipsometer.
- Procedure to check the system before to perform measurements.
- Measurement and modeling of transparent films on opaque substrates.
Day 2: Practical Session & Software Us
- Sample analysis of semi–absorbing thin films in monolayers and multilayers of opaque substrate.
- EMA, Roughness.
- Sample analysis of glass substrate.
- Sample analysis of semi-absorbing thin films on glass.
- Sample analysis of absorbing films.
- Dispersion formulae parameterization.
- Sample analysis of thickness of non-uniform layers.
Day 3 (optional): Practical Session with Customer Samples
In addition to standard training courses, we can offer tailor-made " A la Carte Training " depending on the needs and wishes of your organization.
Our trainers are experts in each technique. They will provide trainings advice and guidance to make the most of your HORIBA Scientific instrument. You will gain confidence and experience in the analysis of your samples.
To get the entire program and to get registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Certificates are given to every attendee for every course.
Attendance fee: For courses taking place at our offices, the course price includes course materials, lunch, and refreshments. Travel and accommodation are not included.
Deadline: We accept registrations until 4 weeks before the course begins.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations received 4 weeks prior to a course start date will be accepted with a 100% refund of the course fee. Cancellations received within 4 weeks of a course start date will receive only a 50% refund of the course fee. No refund will be given with less notice; however we could schedule another date according to HORIBA France training planning.
We also reserve the right to cancel a course if the number of registrants not exceed a required minimum. Cancellation notices will be sent out no later than three weeks prior to the course.
A full refund of the course fee will be provided in that case. HORIBA France SAS will not be held responsible for costs incurred due cancellation of the training course prior or on the cancellation deadline. We discourage the purchase of non-refundable tickets if airfare is required.
If you want more information about Spectroscopic Ellipsometry, please visit our website on Spectroscopic Ellipsometry: Basic Concepts - HORIBA and Auto SE - HORIBA